March 19, 2024, 11:21:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Burgundy Ridge Forum!   Return to Burgundy Ridge Website by clicking here

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategy & Tactics Guides  (Read 9976 times)
Chilon

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2009, 12:53:17 AM »

Part of the way I learn games for myself is by writing up this stuff anyhow, so whenever I'm part of a gaming team, I like to make a full, official strategy guide.  It helps me learn the game better, and hopefully other people as well.  Dominion is my favorite game (so far), so I'll start with it, and then probably move to Dog and Thurn und Taxis.

So far, I'm planning three sections: card analysis, strategies, and tactics.  For the card analysis I will look at each action card in depth---what cards it works best with and against, which cards hurt its effectiveness, etc.  The strategy section will discuss concepts like continuous action, multiple actions, and the beginning, middle and end games.  The tactics section will look into specific ways of implementing each strategy.  For example, one way (tactic) for gaining multiple actions (strategy) is to play two Throne Rooms in a row.

Anyway . . . I'm going to start with the card analysis and set myself the goal of writing up at least two cards per week.  If you see me slacking, please poke, prod, smack, and otherwise motivate me to get back to work.

Scott

edit: I think one card analysis per week may be more realistic, now that I've actually started the work.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 02:05:39 AM by Chilon » Logged
Moose_Head
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 12:59:40 PM »

Sounds like someone needs to spend some time showing their wares on BGG.
joewtwins

Can you guess who I am?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 01:21:53 PM »

Post on. I think this site could use more action.
cche
Town Council

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 06:30:15 PM »

Hmm... seems you could get good return on your effort by cross posting per Moose_Head's thought: "Sounds like someone needs to spend some time showing their wares on BGG."  Put your guide on both www.boardgamegeek.com and here, thus gaining a far wider readership.  (Not to mention a great chance of learning still more about the game from the huge pool of BGG-ers.)
Chilon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 01:49:44 AM »

Sounds like someone needs to spend some time showing their wares on BGG.

Sounds like someone else needs to spend some time stalking girls instead!

Hmm... seems you could get good return on your effort by cross posting per Moose_Head's thought: "Sounds like someone needs to spend some time showing their wares on BGG."  Put your guide on both www.boardgamegeek.com and here, thus gaining a far wider readership.  (Not to mention a great chance of learning still more about the game from the huge pool of BGG-ers.)

The only readership I'm interested in is Burgundy Ridge, and the only return I care about is our skill level :-Þ
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 02:01:54 AM by Chilon » Logged
coasterb
PuppetMaster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 05:17:54 AM »

I am very interested in seeing different strategies.  PLEASE do one for 6 cows profi!  I still don't understand how the profi works.  My two other high up requests are Stone Age and CafeIntl.   Prod, poke, slap and kick Smiley

coasterb
cche
Town Council

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 10:21:22 AM »

Chilon said: "Sounds like someone else needs to spend some time stalking girls instead!"

Better stick to bunnies; fluffy ones.
Moose_Head
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 10:09:01 PM »

Chilon said: "Sounds like someone else needs to spend some time stalking girls instead!"

Better stick to bunnies; fluffy ones.
Do snow ones count ?
joewtwins

Can you guess who I am?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 11:02:43 PM »

I love Snow Bunnies. (Saw them in my Dad's Playboys growing up.)
Chilon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 11:57:51 PM »

I don't like bunnies.  Not that I'm judging or anything.  It's just that neither kind is satisfying.  Rabbits are so cute and you want to cuddle them, but they hate being picked up or held, so you can't.  And then there's your "snow" bunnies--we can't really do what we want with them either.

Scott
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: