March 19, 2024, 07:57:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Burgundy Ridge Forum!   Return to Burgundy Ridge Website by clicking here

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Carcassonne  (Read 9360 times)
ToneDog
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2009, 11:46:56 PM »

Does anyone know why, when playing carc with the dragon variant, it comes up and says "piece removed" sometimes when the piece is certainly playable?
GamerJeff
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 11:56:30 PM »

Good question!

I've searched all of the rules pages on BSW, info pages on BSW as well as the BSW forum and cannot find an answer yet.

I will submit a technical question in the BSW forums.
Passionate_Always
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 02:44:03 AM »

Hey Tony.

After Playing CC online for a few years, I was quickly informed by the Carcassonne Kings, that the Dragon Expansion is not correctly programmed, and many people experience the same predicament you were in.

I'd stay away from the Dragon, the only expansion, that has errors.

Cheers,
Melissa.
ToneDog
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 04:42:03 AM »

Okie Dokie... I will keep that in mind.  It is still fun to play though.  I like when the dragon munches!

Grin
Emerald_Boar
Town Council

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »

hmmm,
One thing i did wrong with Real Life Dragon set.
Is when the Dragon tile is played.

YOU CAN NOT PLAY A FOLLOWER THAT TURN.
All you do is move the dragon.

As for the princess
if you play it in a town with a follower you must remove a follower and can not play 1

Read ya l8r,
Al
joewtwins

Can you guess who I am?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 02:34:50 PM »

The pieces that are removed that are playable either have the Drogon or Gate on them.  They get shuffled in after a Dragon piece is played.
hweller
Town Council

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 06:49:23 AM »

Thanks Joe!  That's been a mystery a long time.  I'm pretty sure you mean, "after a volcano piece is played", since that's the only time it makes sense to play a dragon tile & move the dragon.

I knew this "piece removed" only happened before the 1st dragon tile, but I never kept track that no magic gates happened before the 1st dragon tile.

Are the pieces themselves shuffled back in then?  Because I know the number of times the dragon moves, is 12 - the number of "pieces removed" before the 1st volcano.
joewtwins

Can you guess who I am?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 11:39:48 PM »

Yes, and in the rules it has nothing about not playing a gate untill the volcano, but for some reason, the BSW game won't.
GamerJeff
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 06:21:10 AM »

By the way, something ToneDog showed me, is that you have to watch the blue arrow, right above the tile, for the sign that shows when a magic gate has been pulled.

Never saw that before.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: